The expectation from my dev setup is:
a) It must support multiple projects in plug and play basis and switch over time from one project to another should be less.
b) It should be able to run two inter linked projects simultaneously with conflicting env requirements like python and java side
c) It should be able to support Web Application, Mobile Application and Desktop Application development
This time I am looking for Docker based setup instead of VM i.e. Oracle Virtual Box based setup. I have used VirtualBox since 2007 for my dev setup to mimic the hosting environment which were generally an ubuntu sever or a rhel/ centos server, I generally share VM image with team members to reduce configuration issues within team. As start point, I have gone through multiple documentation, best practices specially Pluralsight courses like https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/skill/docker-fundamentals-for-developers and https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/docker-web-development to learn the Docker concept.
Below is my current machine configuration:
- My HP Pavillion 15 Gaming laptop with lntel i5 8th gen, 256gb SSD and 16gb ram and latest Windows 11 Pro installed will act as host machine.
- The basic technology stack support in host machine will Open JDK 11, Python 3 and NodeJS LTS.
- The Nginx in host machine will be act as load balancer.
- The browsers MS Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox with latest version will be used for testing.
- IntelliJ Idea community edition, MS VS code, and Notepad ++ will be used as development IDE. GIT for version control.